Sunday, March 16, 2008

Our Relief Society Birthday Celebration Dinner














I didn't blog this the other day because I was too busy getting ready for our extravagant slumber/tea party.  But the day before the party (March 13th) we had our R S birthday dinner.  I am my ward's Enrichment leader.  I just got called in December so I am very new.  This was the first meeting I needed to plan.  I am soooooo lucky to work with a sister, Brenda Peay who is the 2nd counselor.  She is AWESOME!  We planned what turned out to be a really nice dinner. We decided to do a giant "taco salad" bar. We asked everybody to sign up to bring various ingredients because we knew if they had signed up, they would be more likely to come!!  The ingredients were:  tortilla chips, lettuce, black beans, rice, tomatoes, cheese, corn, bell peppers, avocados for guacamole, cilantro, olives, sour cream, and salsa.  Together, its one of the most delicious salads you can eat. Everybody did a great job bringing their ingredients and I know it helped attendance.  We divided the tables by birthday months (we had to combine some.)  We also asked people to sign up to decorate tables and make a "birthday cake" for each table.  You can see from the pictures how absolutely adorable all the the tables and cakes turned out.  The dinner was a complete success.  I have to say that I was very nervous about this dinner.  I was losing sleep about it all week!  I kept worrying--will people come, will we get all the ingredients?  On the day of the dinner, I felt really sick, too!  I asked Heavenly Father to help me and once I got to the dinner, I had a ton of energy!  Wow, huh?  I was sooooo grateful.  He helped me give the girls a wonderful birthday party too. 

P. S. Look closely at the sunflower cupcakes.  My good friend Malea made them--  I just love the m&m ladybugs!!  Aren't they sooooo cute??

2 comments:

susan said...

You need a massage or a day off! You have taken care of everyone this month, and made dreams come true! I want you to have a spa day, or something! I wish I was there to watch your fun girls!

Tammy said...

What a fun dinner!

Has Melisa seen these cupcakes? lol. They are so cute!