Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The American Idol Concert!!










We had a blast at this concert! As we were walking in, we saw this darling older lady with a shirt that said "I'm 85 and I love David Archuleta!" That's the effect this kid has.
We sat really close on the side. Each Idol sang 3 songs each from the 10th runner up to the winner. One of our favorite parts was when after Michael Johns (3rd) finished his first song (We will rock you) and he goes, "It's getting hot in here . . . better open up my jacket . . ." So he unbuttons his jacket to reveal his "I voted for David Archuleta" t-shirt. The audience went NUTS!!! Then he goes, "I think I need a bit of liquid refreshment." So he pulled out his David Archuleta bottle, shows the picture of David, takes a drink and then says "aaaahhh sweet nectar." The audience went wild!! This was sooooooooo cool and funny!!
David's performance was perfect. He sang "Angels, " "Apoligize," "Stand by me," and "When you say you love me." He sang like an angel. I can't begin to say how gracious and humble David was. So endearing. At one point he said "It feels so good to be home-- you don't even know!!" He sang his heart out and thanked us profusely. I enjoyed the whole concert even though I really just wanted to see Brooke and David. I kept pretending to yawn during David Cook to make Brenda laugh. After the concert, we waited for the idols to come out and they signed autographs again. Yvonne and I sang to David again and he looked up to see us and smiled at us. We sang "You're the voice" which was a song he sang on Idol. (I know I'm a nerd.) This was so much fun!!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

How fun!!!!!!!!!!