Wednesday, July 23, 2008

WE SAW FEIST!!

















Last night Craig and I went down to San Diego to Humphrey's by the Bay to see Feist. She was AWESOME!! She is a fantastic performer, totally cute and even really funny. Every song was amazing. She opened by standing behind this screen and singing a riff, looping it, singing a harmony over it, and then looping it again with more harmony. It was ANGELIC! She sang something about heaven- but I didn't know the song. For a sampling, see this. (Although not the same song she did last night.)

Besides incredible performing, Feist put on quite a visual show. She had two women to the side doing art on an over head projector that was displayed behind her--it was so amazing! I honestly can't describe how cool it was! Here are the songs she did:
When I was a young girl
Mushaboom
My moon, my man
The limit to your love
I feel it all
Honey, honey
Who could love you more than me (new song?)
How my heart behaves
1234
Gatekeeper
Sealion Woman
Encore:
Intuition
The Water
Let it die

Although Humphrey's was a beautiful place, and right by a bay where people were watching from their boats, it also has to be the most uptight place I've ever been to for a concert! During "Mushaboom" I thought I was going to die if I didn't get up and dance--but EVERYBODY was sitting in their chairs! So I got up to see if there was some corner I could dance in, only to be told by two security guards that I couldn't stand ANYWHERE! So, sadly, I went back to my seat. :( Thankfully, as the show went on more people started to feel the same way as I did and people stood up to dance and a few times we ran up to the front. (During "I feel it all" and "Sealion woman.") Even Feist herself kept making funny comments to the security guards. She sang about how we just have to shuffle our butts in our seats! :) So the guards kinda gave in and I spent the last four songs in the front row! I can't wait for her next album and tour! (But not at Humphrey's!)

**UPDATE!!** I found the song she sang for the opening-- it's called "Help is on its Way" See it here!!

2 comments:

pdore said...

Let's play "I Feel it All".

chiggyz said...

Good for you for getting up and dancing and going to the front. I'm so glad you got to see Feist. I knew you would find a way. I will check out more of her music. That is so cool that she incorporated art into her show. I love the Xanadu music. Did you put that on?