Monday, July 14, 2008

I met David Archuleta!!



























I almost didn't go.  In fact, I tried really hard not to go.  My two younger sisters were getting ready to go.  Yvonne had made angel costumes for each of her 5 kids with David's picture on the front.  She had made posters.  Cindy had made t-shirts with his picture for her boys.  I kept telling myself that it was going to be hot and they probably wouldn't get to meet him.  That it would just be a huge crowd.  But as they got ready, I started to get that pit in my stomach, that if they met him, I would be heartbroken if I didn't go.  Next thing I knew, I was getting ready to go and wearing a David Archuleta t-shirt. (Yvonne had made 2!)  So we drove up to the E center where the concert was going to be that night and waited for their tour bus to drive in.  It was 12:30pm--HOT!!!  When we got there, I saw this car that said "Welcome home, David."  And I realized how it must be very special for him to be coming HOME.  I was glad I could meet him in his home state. We waited around an hour but it was worth it.  We met all the idols but the only ones I cared about were Brooke and DAVID!  I got their autographs and these pictures. They were both super-nice, David was precious--totally humble and real.  Yvonne and I sang to him to see if we could get him to sing with us--I guess he's not allowed.  But he said "You guys are good at that."  Wow.  This was really fun!! 

2 comments:

pdore said...

Seriously, this is pretty amazing. This has got to be the world's record of blogging! And it's all great stuff!! Did you tell David to check out our MySpace page?

chiggyz said...

That is so awesome that you got to meet him and go to the concert. These pictures are too adorable. You and your sisters are so gorgeous. You guys know how to party.